Next Gig - TUSK Festival 2016
14 - 16 October 2016
Sage Gateshead, St Mary’s Square, Gateshead Quays, Gateshead, NE8 2JR, UK
TUSK Festival returns for its 6th edition this October, bringing its ambitious and uniquely diverse 3-day programme of genre-defying out-there and experimental international music to the North East of England.
Now as part of a new partnership with Sage Gateshead, TUSK has a new home on the south bank of the River Tyne. The TUSK approach is as unwavering as ever, with a truly eclectic and international music menu and TUSK’s trademark slew of UK debuts plus its renowned film programme, exhibitions, talks, installations, interactions, workshops and more.
The first line-up announcements for TUSK Festival 2016 (with links and more info on the festival website – follow the links) are:
- The sublime Japanese chamber pop of EIKO ISHIBASHI, star of both the alt-pop and noise/improv scenes of her native Tokyo, frequent collaborator with the great Jim O’Rourke (who has produced and played on her last 4 albums) and recently released a collaboration with Japanese noise legend Merzbow.
- Los Angeles techno producer Juan Mendez aka SILENT SERVANT brings his ominous yet irresistible John Carpenter-tinged beats and atmosfears to TUSK.
- FOVEA HEX, the band fronted by Irish cult folk singer Clodagh Symonds, count Brian Eno and David Lynch amongst their fans and appear as a quartet including Colin Potter (Nurse With Wound) and Michael Begg.
- The wild splatter of Leeds duo GUTTERSNIPE and their unhinged and uninhibited guitar and synth-fired noise rock.
- US underground legend EDDY DETROIT has been everywhere, from witnessing the debut show by the Iguanas (Iggy Pop’s pre-Stooges band) to touring with the Meat Puppets and collaborating with TUSK favourites, Sun City Girls. Cult outsider rock/pop with heavy doses of folk, beat, punk and exotica.
- Argentina’s LOS SIQUICOS LITORALEÑOS continue the great tradition of Latin American psychedelia and unhinged alt-rock of the Americas generally, with a sound like a collision between Os Mutantes and Caroliner.
Many more acts still to be announced.
Tickets go on sale from Friday April 22.
50 Early Bird tickets are £45, then full weekend tickets are £55 and Day Tickets are £20.
For more details and further announcements, visit sagegateshead.com, tuskfestival.com or call the Ticket Office on 0191 443 4661.
Friday 14th October 2016 at Sage Gateshead,
St Mary's Square
Tickets - £45/£55
Main Act: EIKO ISHIBASHI, FOVEA HEX, GUTTERSNIPE, SILENT SERVANT, EDDY DETROIT, LOS SIQUICOS LITORALENOS and many more tba